Most people have bought the pre-package rice in the yellow bag from Goya or Vigo, it is the perfect color and you don’t have to season it at all really – it’s all in the bag and ready to go.
Convenience… How I love thee.
With the recipe below I go you, so get your rice container ready for a yellow rice seasoning mix with convenience intact.
- 2 cups Rice
- 2 teaspoon Onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- 2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Sugar
- 2 cups Water
- 2 Tbsp Unsalted butter
- For Mix: Combine the spices and the rice. Store in an airtight container.
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- In a medium sized saucepan, melt butter and combine the rice mix until evenly coated and fragrant. Add water and bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Once boiling, cover with tight lid and place in oven for 17 min. (set your timer).
- After 17min, remove from oven and keep lid on for 10 min. (set your timer).
- After 10 min, remove lid and fluff.
- Stir the rice and enjoy.
- Yellow rice goes great with tons of savory dishes from the Caribbean to The South. So with this make-ahead mix, use as little or as much as need to create a side dish or your next rice bowl.
- Also they make great gifts. Just place dry rice mix in a clear plastic bag and seal with a ribbon and personalized tag.